A shipment’s effective transportation is dependent on a number of factors. Regardless of how large or little a package is
A Freight Forwarder is a multi-function agent/operator who agrees to handle the transfer of goods from point to point on behalf of the cargo owner in the most brief and plain words possible.
The goal of freight forwarding is to guarantee that cargo is picked up from the seller and delivered to the buyer at the specified location, at the specified price, and in the same condition as when it was picked up from the origin utilising the most appropriate resources and routing.
Especially if you are unfamiliar with the industry’s complexities or are new to importing. It’s a little intimidating, isn’t it?
This is when the role of a freight forwarder comes into play.
The following competencies are anticipated of a well-established and experienced freight forwarder.
- Experienced in all modes of transportation – road, rail, air and sea
- Able to provide cost-effective and efficient cargo shipping solutions based on the customer’s requirement
- Able to arrange storage for the cargo (usually all big forwarders have their own warehouses)
- Able to arrange the distribution or “forwarding” of the cargo as per the instructions of their client
- Have the capability to negotiate freight rates with the shipping line
- Can book cargo with the shipping line as per the requirement of the client or under their own contract
- Process all relevant shipping documents such as certificates of origin, customs and port documentation, bills of lading and associated shipping/negotiating documentation (Eur1, Certificate of Origin, etc)
You’ll be pleased to learn that EximAnything excels in this area. We take care of everything so that you don’t have to.